Business Controller - Birmingham
Location: Birmingham (near the Jewelry Quarter)
Salary: Maximum £60K per annum + pension + 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + maximum one month’s salary as a bonus
Job type: Permanent / Full time
Industry: Property Management / Security / Real Estate Services
Are you interested in working for the innovative specialist in property management and property development? Then this is your opportunity to join the founding father of the Vacant Property Management model in the UK: Camelot Europe.
In Europe we are the market leader in (vacant) property management and to date the largest privately owned student housing facilitator in the Netherlands with over 5000 studios. We operate from offices in 7 different countries and we will add two more countries in 2018! Our operations run via 4 business units: Property Management, HighTech-security services, Property Development and Maintenance Services.
We are excited to announce that we are now looking for experienced proactive Financial/Business Controller to expand our Finance team. So if you seek a challenging and dynamic position and love to be a part of an enthusiastic and highly motivated team, then look no further and apply today!
This is a vacancy which has arisen within the company of a steadily expanding service provider and will report directly to the Finance Director Europe. Given the progressive growth of the organisation we are now seeking to appoint a fully qualified Financial Controller with significant commercial post qualification experience to manage the finance function.
Main responsibilities will include:
Review of monthly management accounts and analysis; budgeting and forecasting including cash-flow management; liaison with external bodies such as auditors, clients, banks etc; working closely with the Financial Director and the day to day management of the finance team. You will also be key in ensuring that continual growth of the organisation is maintained through your commercial acumen coupled with thorough technical skills. As an individual you will demonstrate a stable and progressive career path to date, preferably with exposure to the service sector, ideally with experience of service provision contracts. You will have excellent IT skills including use of financial packages and advanced Excel skills. You will have a positive and professional approach with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
· To be the financial ‘conscience’ of the company
· To offer solicited and unsolicited advice to the directors and management of the company in the best interest of the company
· Production of monthly management accounts, key performance information and reporting packs and co-chairing the monthly business review meetings.
· Working alongside the sales team to drive business performance and deliver the financial plan
· Managing revenue recognition
· Managing all costs as per budget
· Multi currency accounting
· Preparation and submission of VAT returns
· Preparing the annual accounts and preparing the audit file for auditors
Hours and Environment: 8:30 am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
The successful candidate is expected to have:
· A positive, confident, ambitious and getting things done attitude.
· A commitment to providing excellent customer service.
· ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified or qualified by relevant experience with exposure to multi currency accounting
· Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse client group and internal staff
· Experience managing a finance team within a progressive and fast paced environment
· Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel skills.
All prospective employees must pass a background check.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org